Monday 7 March 2011

Magazine Ideas

Today I edited the image that we are going to use on the front cover of our magazine. I took an image of the main character. For the magazine cover we wanted to portray a 'creepy' feel so that the readers would clearly be able to identify the genre of the film. I also made sure that the character in the photograph was making eye contact with the camera so that she connects with the readers. It will make it look like she is staring directly at the readers. I changed the contrast and used a distorted look from the filter gallery on photoshop. I did this to make the photo look scarier than the original. I did not change the red eyes because I wanted the photos to have red eyes in order to convey the 'horror' feel to the audience. I also think that making the character's skin paler also helps to convey the horror genre as well as help convey the message that this is the 'scary' character from the film. It also implies she isn't 'normal' - showing that she may have died or is possessed.



















Also these are the original images of the 'good' and 'bad' theme we wanted to include in the magazine. This are the images we want to use for the pull out I have mentioned in a previous blog. One image will be a 'normal' looking photograph and then the pull out image will be a 'possessed' image'.

















No comments:

Post a Comment